07 май 2017

Sparrow Season / Сезонът на врабчетата

April 2017 Inspiration for the Honey Do List / Предизвикателство Honey Do List април 2017

To me, spring is the sparrow season. After having bravely survived the winter hardships, their song becomes more and more cheerful and careless. However, when I saw the picture for the challenge, I realized some of those tiny birds in the city were tits (pardon my ignorance). It turns out, tits and chickadees belong to the same family, they are referred as tits in Europe, Middle East and Asia and as chickadees in North America. So I tried hard to make something with birds. It didn't work. I had given up on this challenge, when I spotted some chunky washi paper beads on my messy working table and this necklace happened.
За мен пролетта е сезонът на врабчетата. Преживели несгодите на зимата, отново подскачат бодро и безгрижно. Благодарение на снимката за предизвикателството установих, че не всички дребни птички в града са врабчета (простете невежеството ми). Има и синигери: в Европа, Близкия Изток и Азия се наричат "голям синигер", а в Северна Америка, хм, chickadee, или американски синигер, но принадлежат към едно семейство. Затова се опитах да направя нещо с птичета, но не се получи. Почти се бях отказала от предизвикателството, когато мернах на разхвърляната си работна маса едни мъниста с японска хартия washi и направих това колие.


Now that I decided to pull out the colors in the picture, the second assemblage came together a lot faster - tagua beads, mookaite and red jasper, polymer clay donuts, lampwork and yellow carnelian. 
След като реших да работя с цветовете на снимката, ми беше по-лесно да избера елементите за второто колие - мъниста тагуа, червен и мокаит яспис, мъниста от полимерна глина с формата на обръч, лампуърк и жълт карнеол.


Check out the other participants and Sarajo's creations here.
Тук можете да разгледате творенията на Сарахо и другите участници.

2 коментара:

  1. I'm so glad that you didn't give up! I especially like the simplicity of your first necklace, but both do a great job playing with the colors in Eric's photo. I hope you'll play along with us again this month... I think the new inspiration has a lot of possibilities!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Sarajo! I love the idea of this challenge and always try to join :)

      Изтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!