30 декември 2017

Still Life with Flowers and Fruits / Натюрморт с цветя и плодове

The December monthly challenge on Art Bead Scene Studio is Suzanne Valadon's Still Life with Tulips and Fruit Bowl. I was captivated by the contrast of colors and the dusky atmosphere. However, the necklace I made showcases the bright colors. The three focal beads are by Janna Petrovna of Petrovna Lampwork -  the green and yellow are hollow and the red one has a textured surface.
Предизвикателството за декември в блога на Art Bead Scene Studio е Натюрморт с лалета и фруктиера на Сюзан Валодон. Бях запленена от контраста между цветове и сумрачната атмосфера. Колието ми обаче е в ярките цветове, трите централни мъниста са на Жанна Петровна от Petrovna Lampwork - зеленото и жълтото са издути (кухи отвътре), а червеното е с текстурирана повърхност.



I was also captivated by the life of the artists and made a collage "In the Eye of the Beholder" - these are her self-portraits and portraits by other famous artists that I found in the Wikipedia article above. Interesting, isn't it?
Бях запленена и от живота на художничката и направих този колаж "В моите очи" - това са нейни автопортрети и портрети от известни художници, които ми попаднаха в Уикипедия (версията на английски). Интересно, нали?


I saw the painting below in the Boston (MA, USA) Museum of Fine Arts but at that time I didn't know the artist was Renoir's model for it - Dance at Bougival.
А картината по-долу видях на живо в Музея на изящните изкуства в Бостън, САЩ. Но тогава не знаех, че художничката е моделът на Реноар за нея - "Танц в Бужевал".


The pictures of all paintings in this post were downloaded from Wikipedia, to the best of my knowledge they were on the public domain.
Всички снимки на картини в тази публикация са свалени от Уикипедия и, доколкото ми е известно, са предоставени за обществено ползване.

6 коментара:

  1. That is an interesting collage that you have made showcasing how the artist was portrayed both by herself as well as the artists that she posed for. IS that a green glass bauble in the center? I am scared of wearing big glass beads for the fear of dropping and breaking them

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Yes, Divya, it is an absolutely fantastic big green glass bauble and I was so afraid of dropping it while trying on :) I just couldn't help making the collage after I saw Renoir's portrait and the the dance painting.

      Изтриване
  2. Happy New Year, dear!
    Beautiful interpretation of the painting.This big bubble glass is simply amazing!
    Bravo! :)

    ОтговорИзтриване
  3. I love the shade of green and the contrast with the red beads, gorgeous! I have never heard of this artist before, your collage makes me want to read about her ~ love reading about artists ~ thanks!! :)
    Stay inspired, my friend! xo

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Laura! I admit I haven't heard about most of the artists presented in the monthly challenge on Art Bead Scene Studio - it's an interesting event, you might want to check out the current challenge here https://www.artbeadscenestudio.com/january-monthly-challenge-9/.

      Изтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!